Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reese 4 months



Reese had her 4 month check-up yesterday. She is healthy and growing. She weighs 13 lbs (30th percentile) and is 24 1/2 in. long (50th percentile). So far she has been the smallest of the 3, but she still has the ever famous Richard baby chunky legs. The doctor thought she may have acid reflux that may be contributing to her feeding/ sleep issues. Other then that, she seems to be developing on track.

She has rolled a few times, but prefers not to most of the time. This momma is totally fine with that. I would love a laid back baby who takes her time when it comes to being mobile. My other 2 were a bit rushed in that area. She loves attention. Many times throughout the day, I have to lay her on the floor to attend to a couple other little people. The second I look at her she smiles at me. If I walk past, she pouts her lip out and gives the most pathetic cry I have ever heard. That sweet girl melts my heart. If I could hold her all day, I would. She is in love with her 3 fingers. They are in her mouth most of the day. She will not take a pacifier, but loves holding a blanket.

Reese tends to be a very hungry child. She eats often and always seems hungry and a little frustrated when it comes to eating. Since she is breastfeeding, it is hard to pinpoint why she is so frustrated. Maybe working on the acid reflux issue may be helpful. We shall see.

She also has a difficult time napping and sleeping through the night. Since she shares a room with her sister, we feel a little conflicted. She currently sleeps in our room since she wakes often and cries, but we would love to have her sleep in her own room soon. Having 3 somewhat uncomfortable pregnancies along with having 3 kids with random sleeping issues over the last 3 years, this momma is seriously considering throwing a party when all in this house are well rested.

Overall, Reese is a happy laid back baby. She smiles more then any baby I know. All she needs/wants is attention. She has brought so much joy to this family and I am excited to spend every day with that little sweetie.


No comments:

Post a Comment