Thursday, June 21, 2012

Boys will be boys

I'm a girl (I know, obvious). I'm use to the drama of girls. So far, raising Riley has not been all that shocking. She is dramatic and emotional. I grew up with 3 brothers so you would think I would be accustomed to the aggression and the dirt. However, I have a hard time allowing Quinn to just be a dirty, messy, aggressive boy.

Yesterday, he picked up the hose while he was outside. I thought to myself, "He would love spraying his sister." Being the great mother that I am, I turned on the hose and locked them outside. Quinn looked at me as though I was crazy, and proceeded to drench himself with water.

He tried to spray me every time I opened the door to take a picture. That mischievous smile was on his face for at least 45 minutes straight.

Here is Riley explaining how uncomfortable her wet clothes were using many, many words. She changed 4 times.

I allowed him to pee wherever and whenever he wanted.

He watered every weed. Notice Riley hiding from Quinn behind the playhouse.

He sprayed Riley over and over.

The wet clothes and muddy floors was so worth it. I'm getting use to this boy thing.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing because you have him for a few more years. He looks like he is enjoying himself so much-Riley not so much, but like you she will get used to it. At least she only has one brother to annoy her.

    ReplyDelete