Thursday, June 14, 2012

Haircuts

I admit it. I am officially crazy. I needed a haircut. Riley and Quinn needed haircuts. I decided it was just make the most sense to all go together so we didn't have to make 2 trips. Gathering diapers, burp rags, extra clothes, snacks, etc., along with getting 3 kids in carseats is always a bit much. My sister-in-law agreed to watch Reese, so I only had to take the 2 older kids with me. It seemed to all be falling into place.

I guess I forgot that my 2 older kids are still only 2 and 3. Those ages tend to be a toxic mix. I bought them a special treat to keep them quiet during my haircut. Yes, I bribed them. I decided to go first since I assumed their food could distract them for a while. After I had been seated for about 1 minute, Quinn began to turn the hair dryer on, jumped in his chair, and grabbed the glass jar of suckers. I saw him in the mirror and proceeded to tell him to stop. He didn't. He is strong-willed and stubborn. Great. What does one do when your hair is halfway chopped off. I couldn't just leave. I asked the poor hairdresser to be excused and dragged him into the bathroom to discipline him. I had to get up 5 times during my haircut. There was a trail of hair from my seat to the bathroom. Also during this time, Riley decided to poop with the bathroom door open for all to see and Quinn decided to take his clothes off because he had to go the bathroom too. Yes, he was running around naked. We should be banned from the Leo barber shop. I will never, I repeat never, get my hair cut with small children in tow. Lesson learned.

2 comments: