Monday, June 4, 2012

I love summer {Why do we live here?}

I love summer. I love being outdoors in fresh air. Can you believe there are actually places where children can play outside year round? Families can go for walks and can enjoy parks during the Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall? If it were not for awesome family and friends, I would move in a heartbeat.

Since Quinn is finally not running away while he is in the backyard, I can send both kids outside to play by themselves. Quinn's bike fell apart today. I loved watching him try to put it together. He told me to come outside to see his "fixed" bike. He was so proud of himself and I could not stop smiling at his skills.

I have a love/hate relationship with our play food and dishes. My kids play with them for hours, however I clean and step on them the entire day.  The mess is worth watching them have a pretend picnic.
Mark proposed cancelling our home internet soon. My phone contract is up in 2 months and he suggested I get a data plan so I can have internet on my phone. We would save about $20.00 a month by using our phone for internet. I was skeptical at first and asked, "How will I keep up with a blog?", "How will I upload pictures from my camera?", "How will I type?". His answer to all 3 of my questions was "Your phone." I guess I am a little behind the times. I forsee my children laughing as I tell them about how we used crazy things like computers, home phones, and cameras. Here is a picture of my fam watching Netflix on Mark's phone. Maybe they will remember the old days when they used a television.

2 comments:

  1. I still prefer a computer. It is much bigger and when people have phones with internet access on them they constantly are on them and communication is lost. Phones are too easy to have with you all the time where as computers you don't have with you all the time. Some things are better left behind times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had internet for a year (to save money), just on our phones and it is manageable. Just weird at first. And somethings aren't the same.

    ReplyDelete