Thursday, March 4, 2010

Much Needed Rest

Rest these days are few and far between. I miss it more then ever, however, I appreciate it more then ever! Today was a trying day. I was a mean mom this morning. I even caught myself yelling (I really don't yell too much). I was frustrated with Riley because she was emptying every drawer, shelf, clothes basket, etc. I was mad at Quinn for crying and for waking up too early. It was one of those mornings where they both just cried and I took turns holding one at a time for a couple hours. In the middle of the screaming, I asked God if he could just let me rest. Well, He did! They both fell asleep at the same time this afternoon and I was able to sit down!!!! As I am sitting here now relaxed and pondering, I am so thankful for the chaos and the rest God gives me. I am always amazed that when we are at our breaking points, He gives us those little blessings to help us through them. Whether it is a smile from my little guy in the middle of the night, a kiss from Riley, or a few minutes of relaxation, God blesses me in those small ways over and over again. As I always say, I will look back at these times and laugh, its just not funny quite yet! And just to make both Grammy's smile, here is a picture of Quinn in his hat you both enjoy....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Alicia, Sometimes during trying times you forget all the blessing God has given to us. He has giving me a wonderful family and I am so thankful for that. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete