Monday, March 8, 2010

It smells like Spring!

I am loving this weather. It is amazing how 50 degrees feels like 70 in the Spring. I am so ready to spend time outside. I have pretty much been confined to the house since Quinn was born. Still waiting for the day he enjoys being in his car seat. On a good note, he will be able to sit in a cart by 6 months anyway. My brother went grocery shopping with me today. Riley sat in his cart and Quinn was in mine, well sort of. I pretty much held him the entire time. I am pretty awesome at multitasking these days! It was nice to finally be at the grocery store for more then 15 minutes.

I think Riley is enjoying this weather more then me. I have never heard her squeal in excitement more then today. We walked down the sidewalk in front of our house. It was almost as if she had just won the lottery. She ran faster then I have ever seen. She continued to run for a looong time. As if she was not already having the time of her life, she saw a girl walking a dog. She ran toward the girl screaming and began talking/jabbering to the dog. If we could all enjoy such simple moments as much as her.

Quinn did not have as fun of day. He had his 2 month check-up and had to get 3 shots. Poor little guy. He puckered up and just cried. I hated it. The nurse did congratulate me for not crying this time. She said I have matured. I feel so proud of myself! He weighs 13 pounds, putting him in the 75th percentile for weight and measured 24 1/2 inches, putting him in the 95th percentile for height. I think he is going to be like his daddy. He is such a sweet little boy! His smiles make my day!

3 comments:

  1. God is Good!!!!!!!!! It was just a couple years ago you didn't think you were going to have a baby of your own. Now you have two beautiful miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your blog too! I can't believe Riley can run, Hannah is so not even close to walking yet!
    I may be needing your advice soon. With two little ones....if this baby is placed with us, they will be 14 months apart. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete