Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Riley Makes Me Tired

Spring has made Riley more active then ever. Yesterday we ventured out to the park since the weather was so nice. I assumed she would love the freedom of running around. There seemed to be an over abundance of one-year-olds. There they all were, holding their parents hands playing on the small toys made just for them. They slowly walked up the ramps and held on to their parents hand down the slides. Their parents were chatting as they watched their children play. Then there was us. Upon our arrival, Riley ran to the nearest ramp. As the other children were crying trying to escape the group of 10-year-old running boys, Riley laughed and ran right behind them as if she was part of their group. I began chasing her with Quinn strapped to me. She attempted to jump off the side a few times, but I saved her by grabbing her arm. She then ran up to the slides and went down by herself as she laughed. I found myself in a predicament because I was at the top of the play set and Riley at the bottom. I ran to the bottom to catch up with her. She proceeded to continue her routine for 45 minutes. I was exhausted as I dragged her to the car to return home. Thankfully, Quinn slept the entire time. Maybe running puts babies to sleep.

We had another fun adventure tonight. Riley has always sat in her bath seat while taking a bath because she usually won't stay still otherwise. Today I thought it was time to take a bath like normal children. It wouldn't be that hard, right? Wrong! I sat her in the tub and she immediately tried to stand. She then began pacing. I kept sitting her down, but she was too excited. She then began acting like those fish that flop around rivers. She would stand, fall face down into the water, come up for air, flop a few times and would stand again. After repeating this process for 10 minutes, I was dripping with water and exhausted. Tomorrow she will again use her bath seat.

When Riley was a newborn, she was always awake and moving (very similar to today). When I was exhausted and in tears, I would pray that God would use her unique personality to change her world someday. I know that her energy will and does bring joy to so many people. I love everything about her.

I was going to write about Quinn, but I will give him his own blog soon. I want to make sure his sister does not always overshadow him :)

1 comment:

  1. As I read your blog I exhausted just thinking about your day. I guess that is why God gave us children in our 20's and 30's. Just think of the memories you will have throughout the years. Make sure you write them down because you won't remember them all later. Enjoy the next couple of nice days because they are about to end. Also enjoy your week-end and get some much needed rest. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete