Thursday, May 24, 2012

We went to Target

This morning I decided to take the kids to Target. We were completely out of diapers. Once we arrived at the store, I briefly went over the rules. You know, the typical "walk next to me", "don't touch anything", "don't pee your pants", "hold my hand if I ask you to". My routine is to rush to get the things we need. If all is going well, we browse the rest of the store. Our trip went well, so I decided to get the kids some ever famous Target popcorn.

We sat in the cafe area to enjoy our snack. Within 5 seconds of sitting, Quinn spilled half the bag of popcorn on the ground. A few minutes later, Riley spilled her glass of lemonade. Popcorn and sticky lemonade were covering the table and floor. There we were, stuffing our faces with popcorn surrounded by a complete mess.

Maybe I am finally getting use to the chaos. Maybe the rough days make the good ones even sweeter. Maybe I am finally learning to find peace in imperfection. I do know that 2 years ago, I would have been upset and embarrassed. Instead, I smiled at the rolled eyes as they looked toward our table. I found even greater joy when those mothers with small children gave me the "I understand" smile. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment