Friday, December 31, 2010

Potty Training Attempt #1

It has been 5 days since we started potty training. Day one was great, Day two was horrible and day three, four, and five were a battle of the wills. I decided this morning that it is just not working. I know she is capable and has shown she has amazing bladder control, but she just doesn't want to do it. Since she is an independent little girl, I decided I would wait until it is not a battle. That may be in a few days, weeks, or months. Hopefully the next attempt will be less stressful on mommy and Riley. So for now I will choose to enjoy not having to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes. This picture shows the desperate measures I used to get her to use the potty. You can not see them, but she does have a plate of oranges on her lap. I should have stopped three days ago, but I think her mommy is just a stubborn as her.

1 comment:

  1. The book Parent Power by John Rosemond is a great potty training book. I've been reading it, which is why I tried it with Hannah. Unfortunately, Hannah has never even gone in the potty so who knows why I tried. I don't think she is old enough. It sounds like Riley understands it and is being strong willed. Maybe John Rosemond has some suggestions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete