Friday, December 31, 2010

The BIG Day

I can't believe that Quinn is now considered a "toddler" and Riley is a "preschooler". This year has just flown by. By God's strength, we made it through the year with minimal injuries and mental breakdowns. To all those strangers who looked at my pregnant belly and my baby girl last year only to tell me I needed depression medication and alcohol, I would like to respond by telling them that I made it through the first year with neither one. I would like to say that it is because we are amazing parents, but I would have to give most of the credit to God and friends and family who helped us out in so many different ways.

We celebrated the day by potty training and discontinuing bottles. Happy Birthday guys! However, we also made cupcakes, watched too many movies, consumed too much sugar, and ate dinner at McDonalds. Riley enjoyed her new doll with hair and boots. She called her "Martha" for a while, but now she is just "baby". "Baby" has boots, but Riley has to take them off in the house and set them next to our shoes. Quinn did not care about his gift, which makes me glad I only bought him crayons. I hope he is always that easy to please!

All in all, it was a wonderful day to celebrate the lives of our two little miracles born on the perfect day for a perfect purpose. Riley makes our lives full of joy, helps her parents learn patience, is an amazing big sister to her brother, and loves people with passion. Quinn constantly shows affection to us by giving kisses all day, brings joy by his laughter and huge smiles, and brings sweetness to our lives. I am so blessed by the both of them and I can't wait for another year with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment