Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas and Stuff

We had a wonderful Christmas! We moved our Christmas tree on Christmas morning to the floor so the kids could actually touch it. They opened the simplest gifts and enjoyed each one of them. Riley's favorite was her M&M's and spin brush and Quinn's was his foam sword. I wish I would have discovered the spin brush sooner. Riley asks to brush her teeth all day! I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time and they were delicious! We spent the day with family and the kids enjoyed the gifts and, of course, the food.

One of Riley's gifts were Elmo and Dora underwear. We stared potty training yesterday. Overall, it was a pretty successful day. She went on her own 3 times and was very proud of herself! Today has been rough. She screams the second we walk in the bathroom and she has not gone on her own so far. I am trying to not make it a battle, so I am hoping she will eventually just get it. I am trying to be patient. I am sure she is ready, she just has to make the effort. Please pray for me!

Quinn is turning into a CRAZY little man. He is constantly climbing and falling. He has bruises everywhere and is always getting hurt. Last week we made a trip to Walmart. Quinn had a black eye, a bump on his head, and a shoe mark on his face. Yep, the stares were a little uncomfortable. He attacks Riley all day long. Good thing he is so cute and generally sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment