Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chocolate Water???

Last night was one of those nights. It was a night that I wish I could look on from an "outsider". My kids love to eat, almost to the point where it is a little ridiculous. Their dad is the same way except he never gains a pound doing it! Mark works most evenings so it is just the kids and I for dinner. Usually it feels like a race. How quickly can I prepare the food, eat it, and put the plates in the sink before any meltdowns occur? I seriously break a sweat sometimes. Last night I realized how funny it would be to watch us. I looked over at Quinn and he was snorting as he was finishing his food in literally a couple minutes. I then realized I had to eat as quickly as I could to beat the after dinner chaos. I had actually forgotten to eat lunch that afternoon, so I was hungry! As I was stuffing my face, I looked over at Riley. She had thrown her silverware on the ground and was eating with her face smack down on her plate. We all ate our dinner in a matter of minutes and no one said a word, besides the occasional snorting.

After dinner, Riley wanted chocolate milk. I told her she needed to drink water. So after her dramatic whine, she insisted she have chocolate water. So being the awesome mom that I am, I decided it would be funny to give her some. I mixed some chocolate into a nice, cold glass of water and stirred. I handed it to her and looked at me as though I was crazy. She said "yucky" and then proceeded to drink. She did not drink much, but watching her was so enjoyable! I don't think she will be asking for chocolate water any time soon.

Yep, that is what dinner is like in our house. I really should have adult company more often!

1 comment: