Sunday, August 8, 2010

My, how time has flown!

Over the past week, Riley all of the sudden seems like a big girl and Quinn is acting like a 10 month old. I have been getting a little emotional watching Riley as her looks have changed. She looks so much older and she talks like she is so big! She is obsessed with babies and car seats. She still enjoys Elmo, but will no longer sit through her Elmo movie (sad for mom). She still bosses her brother around, but loves him so much. She is very protective of him and worries when she can't find him. Riley has been crawling so Quinn can chase her. I love seeing them interact at such a young age.

Quinn is a little monkey. He climbs on everything and always wants to be standing. Best of all, for the past week he has slept from 8:00pm-6:30am. This is huge for him...and his parents. I was able to get 8 hours of sleep 3 times last week. Ahh, I finally feel rested for the first time since I was pregnant with him. Sleep is my friend. Since I have enjoyed a good night's rest recently, I have decided to let Riley have her paci for a few more weeks. It is really more for me. I am just not quite ready for a screaming child at bedtime and naps. I will do it soon though to get it over with.

Those two little ones are such blessings to me. To be honest,life has been a little easier for us all since Quinn started crawling and sleeping. I feel like I have made it through the hardest part of having two so young. If not, at least I am rested. Below are just a few pictures from last week.

What a cutie. And yes, he has a sunburn...horrible parents.

He is already walking by holding on to the cart. It looks odd.

I asked Riley to read a book to Quinn and she sat on his lap to do it. Quinn is trying to figure out how to drink from Riley's water bottle.

This picture is for Rach and Abby. Riley and Quinn were suppose to be in it for a group picture, but this is how it started. Maybe another time. Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment