Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sneaking Broccoli


Riley enjoys standing on her chair to reach for food on the kitchen counter. Most of the time I don't allow her to get food without my permission, and she knows it. Tonight it took some convincing to eat her supper. I mixed her broccoli in with her mashed potatoes, otherwise she doesn't touch her veggies. She made a few faces, but ate the potatoes. After dinner, I was cleaning up and I caught Riley with her hands in the broccoli bowl. She ate that broccoli like it was her favorite treat! I even had to stop her eventually so she wouldn't get sick. My new plan from now on is to place veggies near the edge of the kitchen counter so she feels like she privileged to sneak into food. Ahhh, the life of a toddler!

2 comments:

  1. I Love it when I see you dealing with the same problems I dealt with you when you were little. It brings joy and laughter to my heart.

    ReplyDelete