Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The New Kitchen



Oh Grammy, how can we thank you enough for finding the awesome garage sale deal on the kitchen! I assumed Riley would love a play kitchen since she loves to pretend. After she ate breakfast this morning, she ran to her bedroom to play. She microwaved her baby's bottle and her washcloths. She opens and closes all the doors and puts everything in them. We don't even have play food or pots and pans and it is the best thing in the world to her. Quinn loves it too because all he wants to do is stand and it is his perfect size.

The kids are much better this week and things seem a little less stressful around here. We were able to enjoy visiting family in Michigan this weekend. It was so nice for all of us to get out of the house for a few days.... and it was nice for mom to have a few extra hands to help out. As usual, we were the first to wake everyone up in the morning. Who doesn't want to see Quinn's cute face bright and early on a Saturday morning anyway? Grammy and Papa kept Riley for a couple more days while Mark and I were able have some time alone at home. It was wonderful! We cleaned and reorganized the house and even watched an entire movie without interruptions! Best of all, we didn't have to find a sitter while we both worked Monday.

Riley is getting so big! She is working on her ABC's (her favorite letter is W). We have noticed that she is talking in more sentences and is singing songs often. I told Mark today that I hope I always remember her sweet 1-year-old voice! Quinn is spending all his time climbing and standing on things. That is all he wants to do. He never plays with toys. I am actually ok if he walks early because it is apparent that is all he wants to do anyway. I still can't believe how early he is showing interest in walking. I am preparing for the facial bruises!

I will leave you with a picture that no doubt should put a smile on your face!

4 comments:

  1. Are those two little teeth I see on the bottom?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I love those two little teeth pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see Quinn and Riley like the kitchen. I am happy to hear you are having a better week also. Love you all very much and look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete