Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I just can't get myself to clean!

Two years ago, if I had any wish, I would have said I wanted to go to an exotic Island, lay in the sun, and drink frozen drinks all day long. Now if you ask me I would say that I just wanted one full day to clean my house. Not just 3 hours, but a good long day from 7:00am-7:00pm without any children needing me. It would bring me so much happiness, peace, and tranquility. I am trying really hard to rest when they both are sleeping, which I do enjoy, however that leaves about 30 minutes of time to clean before bed. I feel like I am living in a house of dust and mold. Ok, that was a little dramatic. I have considered hiring a maid for a day, but think of how many diapers I could buy with that money! If I never get my wish, I will just try to be content with the mess and hope my husband goes on a cleaning rampage soon! Ha, ha!

Besides dealing with my cleaning OCD, I have had a great week so far. The weather is awesome! Mark has had some extra time off, so we have been taking advantage of that. Yesterday, we had a picnic at the park. This time Mark got to chase Riley. It was very enjoyable to watch! Riley thinks she belongs with the older kids and runs with them. She went down the tallest twisty slide at the park by herself and smiled the whole time. Riley and I were able to go on a "mommy date" today. We went to an indoor play area. She loved it! It was so much fun to spend some one-on-one time with her. Quinn rolled over for the first time last week. He hasn't done it since. I think it scared him, so it may be a while until he does it again. He is still growing constantly and is always hungry. After a tease of sleeping 7 hours straight a few weeks ago, he is now back to waking up at 3:00 or 4:00am. When he wakes up, he acts as if he has not eaten in days. Someday I will sleep. Grammy and Papa don't know this yet, but we have secretly planned on putting his crib in their bedroom when we go to Michigan:) We love our babies so much and think they are the cutest kids ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment