Monday, April 12, 2010

7 Years

Today is a special day in the Richard household. It's our 7 year anniversary! We will celebrate by eating leftovers, cleaning the house, and taking care of the kids. Every other year we have done something for our anniversary whether it be a date night or a weekend trip. This year, due to circumstances, there will be no gifts, no special dinner, and really no alone time (except for the usually hour in the evening). At first, I was a little sad about it, until I reminded myself of all the blessings I have been given over the last 7 years. Today is a good reminder that we don't need gifts, vacations, special dinners, or even time alone to celebrate. God has blessed me with the most amazing husband who works 7 days a week to provide for our family. Even when he is exhausted, he makes time to help out and play with the kids on his breaks. He is the love of my life and brings such happiness to Riley and Quinn. I have 2 adorable children that bring such joy to my life. Yes, they require every ounce of my energy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! So cheers... I raise my glass of water as I sit here alone still in my pj's to us! I could not ask for a better anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment