Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Parks and quotes

We have gone to the same park almost everyday this past week. It has a huge hill. I realized my kids love rolling and running down the hill more then playing on the toys. It makes them extremely tired, so I usually go before naps or bed. Most of the time, I take them by myself and pray we make it out of there safe. Below are some things I have learned about my kids while watching them at the park.

1. They have an abnormal amount of energy. I blame Mark.
2. If I ran up and down that hill like they do, I would pass out from exhaustion. 
3. Quinn can't stand to lose sight of Riley while playing. He spends half of his time yelling "Ri" then cries because he can't see her. He will be disappointed when he realizes they will be in different classes at school.
4. Riley does not need Quinn. She just needs to be in charge of some small or big child while playing. She can't leave without making a new friend.
5. I need (want) a good camera. I would take more pictures. I don't even bring mine because I know it will miss the moment I am trying to get. I spend much of my time thinking, "This would be an awesome picture." Someday. Maybe.
6. My children are fearless. I am not. They climb the highest rock walls they can find. If they slipped, they would break their legs. I am learning to allow them to be fearless while I close my eyes. Guh.
7. I don't appreciate 10-year-olds chasing my kids with play bow and arrows while yelling "grrrrr". It scares them. I enjoy going to parks while big kids are in school. There is nothing like a park full of 2 and 3-year-olds. Everyone understands. Best of all, all the moms have messy hair and are wearing workout clothes. Don't judge.
8. Lunch, dinner, and ice cream taste better while eaten at the park. Is eaten a word? Probably not. I don't care.
9. Mark and I would like to make millions by inventing a dome that covers outdoor parks in the winter. It would be heated by using solar energy.
10. Reese is cute.

And for your enjoyment, here are a few of Riley's recent quotes...

"Move over there, Alicia"
"Come on and take me to college"
"Lets go ride our tractors and horses"
"Quinn, stop talking. We are getting married right now. You can leave at 8:30."
"I was born yesterday, today, to Sunday."
"Quinn, please stop protecting me."


1 comment:

  1. You are really going to miss summer! I guess you will have to settle for McDonalds this winter. I'll pray we have a nice long fall.

    ReplyDelete