Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A few weeks in review

Things have been crazy around here... shocking, I know. Reese's illness, lack of sleep, potty training, and just plain parenting have put me in a funk. I slowly am feeling a little energy returning. This post is just a quick snapshot of what the Richard family has been up to.

  • I am always amazed at how different my children can be at times. Below is Riley painting a pretty picture of a princess and Quinn painting a picture of a truck. It took about 10 seconds to clean the paint off Riley and about 10 minutes to clean Quinn.



  • Reese is doing much better. She is back to her normal eating patterns and she is smiling again! She has been waking up a couple times every night. No fun, but at least she is healthy! 


  • I loathe potty training. I said it once; I will say it a million times. Don't be surprised if Reese is 5 by the time she is trained. So far, both of my kids protested it. It takes months. I may consider working nights to hire someone to do it for me. 


  • I love this weather. We are staying busy and spending lots of time outside. I went to the zoo with all 3 kids by myself for 2.5 hours and it went great! No meltdowns, no escaping, no fighting. I actually felt like a good parent that morning.


  • The kids were all weighed and measured this week. Reese was 16lbs (50th percentile) and was 26.5in long (75th percentile). Quinn was 33lbs (80th percentile) and 38in long (85th percentile). Riley was 33lbs (50th percentile) and 39in long (50th percentile).


  • Reese is 6 months old! I can't believe it! She is trying to crawl and I think her first 2 teeth are about to come in.



  • Quinn is no longer getting out of bed 20 times before he falls asleep. What a relief!


  • Here is a recent conversation with Riley. Mark: "Riley do not talk back to daddy." (Riley begins singing her words) Riley: "Daddy, I'm not talking back, I am singing back." I am glad I was in the other room. It was so inappropriate, yet so creative for a 3-year-old. Oh, the conversations in store for us!


  • Mark and I took a mini trip a few weeks back. No kids, no schedule, no cooking, no cleaning. I took 5 naps the first day. We talked. There was silence. We ate greasy food. We walked the beach. I showered, dressed up, did my hair, and slept. We needed the break. I am so grateful for the time away and for grandmas willing to keep some crazy kids.


  • My mom and I celebrated our birthdays. We both gave eachother homemade gifts in remembrance of my dad. Here is the quilt my mom made for me. My dad's shirts and sweet pictures were sewn into it. I love it!

  • I used one of my dad's ties to make my mom a necklace. I may need to make one for myself soon!

    • All 3 kids are napping right now, so I think I am off to take a nap!

    1 comment:

    1. Enjoy your quiet time. I Love hearing your blogs and am so blessed to have you as a daughter. I am so thankful you are able to stay home with the kids because this was so important to me when you were young and I prayed so many years that you would be able to do this too. There will be hard days, but you will look back some day and be glad you did. I Love my necklace too and have a top that goes perfect with it. If dad was able to see this now he would be so proud. Love, Mom

      ReplyDelete