Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Riley 3.5 years

Just a few reasons why I love my little 3-year-old...

I love when she uses long words in the wrong context. For example, today she said, "Mom, there was was a scary monster in my room and it was so embarrassing". She also said, "I am playing with sissy's bottles because I am complicated."

She makes up her own words. Her word for "am not" is "am'nt". For example, "Mom, I am'nt upset." She says it often and it makes me smile every time.

Shortly after she turned 3, she was afraid of things/people in her room. Her biggest fear was Jesus. One day she was told that she did not need to be afraid because Jesus was always with her. In her mind, that meant Jesus (the actual bearded, white robed human Jesus) was in her room every night. After a few months, her fear went away. I am glad. We like Jesus in this family.

She loves dresses, skirts, headbands, and jewelry. Her little sister will have a lot of nice, unworn short outfits in a couple years.

She talks all day long. Nonstop. It makes my head hurt. We could be a pretty boring family without her.

Whenever we go to parks, zoos, friend's houses or church, she tends to find a random 5 to 7-year-old girl to play with. She tells them what to do and they listen. I don't understand it. It's like she has a radar that allows her to find that compliant girl who will listen to a 3-year-old.

After 3 years, she is finally sleeping good. She no longer wakes in the middle of the night and she is taking 2 hour naps. Bliss.

She has a sassy mouth. We are working on it.

She loves life. She wakes up with a smile on her face and goes to bed with the same smile. I could take some advice from her.

I am really enjoying 3. She can stop growing now.

1 comment:

  1. I love her language! When Doug was about 3ish, he started most sentences with Actually . . . long pause and then said whatever. :) He had a very grown up vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete