Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How old are you?

Doesn't she look mature (and beautiful)?

I know I have mentioned this many times, but the "terrible twos" have actually been fairly easy for us. I think that is the case for two reasons:
1. She is an overachiever and had her rough patch at 16 months.
2. She is so stinkin funny!

Here are a few examples:

* For the past week, every time I ask her how old she is, she tells me she is 14. Really? I have no clue why she chooses 14 over all the numbers she knows. She does have some characteristics of a 14-year-old, but lets enjoy 2 for a while.

* Some of her new sayings include "Oh, boy", "Come on chicka", "That's disgusting", and "Brother, you listen to Riley".

* Yesterday I found Riley changing Quinn's diaper. At the ripe age of 2, she has taken the role of Quinn's mother. She also combs his hair, washes his face, spanks him, and has him sit on her lap.

* Quinn made a mess of his pudding and I was laughing at him. Riley was jealous so she spread pudding all over her face to get me to laugh at her.


* During dinner, Quinn fell backwards in his chair. As I was comforting him, Riley jumped out of her seat, made sure he was ok, ran to get a broom, then proceeded to sweep the crumbs from his booster seat.

* She calls Quinn, Quinton. We use that name too, but not very often.

I love that girl!

2 comments:

  1. She looks so cute in that dress. It's hard to believe she is only two by the things she says and the way she acts. We are so blessed to have her and Quinn too. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete