Saturday, February 26, 2011

The naughty things that make me smile

Disciplining my children is not too much fun, but its necessary. Thankfully, there are times when you just want to laugh at your child's reaction. The humor changes things up a bit.

Quinn is getting to the age where he needs to start learning some lessons. I have come to have a strong dislike for disciplining one-year-olds. They need it, however, they do the same thing over and over for months and being consistent as a parent is hard. I have been standing firm on the fact that Quinn will not be allowed to grab knives and other objects out of the dishwasher (I know, I am so mean). After he gets in trouble he turns head to the side, scowls his eyes, points at me using his index and pinkie finger, and growls. Seriously, it is so funny!

Yesterday I told Riley to stand in the corner. I thought it would really bother her to do it. Well, I was wrong, she loved it. She smiled the entire time. Today she has taken it upon herself to "practice". She tries to see how straight she can stand and she lines up her toes and head. I guess I won't be using that method again! Who does that?

1 comment:

  1. Only Riley!!!! Dad read me your blog and I couldn't stop laughing. She is so funny. At least she stood in the corner. Most two year old's have a hard time standing still for any time at all. And I would have a hard time not laughing at Quinn when he growled at me. You are going to have so many memories down the road, not to mention stories to tell your grandchildren about their parents.

    ReplyDelete