Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Long, Winter Days

Over the past couple of weeks...

* We dealt with round 2 of colds/fevers/coughs. They both seem to be doing better today.
* Riley has had minimal accidents and is enjoying changing her underwear EVERY time she goes to the bathroom. I think she got into that routine during potty training when she actually needed to change them constantly. We just let her go through 8 pairs a day. It makes her happy and we allow our children to do whatever makes them happy! (Don't worry mom, its a joke)
* I started working again this week. I cried like a baby Monday before I left. I will be working 20 hours a week. Mark will be staying home with them for now. Hopefully the kids won't be too hard on him. When I came home today there was a trail of poop on the floor. Please pray for him.
* Riley has the verbal skills of a 5-year-old. Yesterday she told Quinn, "Brother, you do not hit or you will sit in the corner!". I don't remember the specifics, but I believe Quinn then smiled and hit her.
* Quinn has been freaking out again when he is in the car. I am not so sure this is just a phase.
* Quinn currently has 4 teeth coming through. Quinn + teething = lots of crying. Poor little guy!
* Quinn does not like cooked carrots. It was the first time he has ever spit something out. I don't blame him.
* Riley finally played in the snow. We are bad parents and do not take our children outside in the winter. It is too cold!
* Quinn needs a haircut, but I just can't do it! He has really pretty hair.
* We are all ready for Spring, sun, warmth, flowers, and long walks!
* Mark and I are so thankful for two beautiful, healthy children!

No comments:

Post a Comment