Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week of Firsts

First Halloween:
Mommy and Quinn spent his first Halloween shopping. We walked around Target, Kohls, Babies R Us, and Barnes and Noble. I am not sure he enjoyed it too much, but mommy enjoyed spending some alone time with him. Riley went to Huntington to stay the night with Grandma. I assumed it would be difficult getting her to wear a costume. After some creative efforts, she finally wore her dog outfit. They were able to go to a few houses and I am sure she enjoyed it.

First Surgery:
Quinn had tubes put in his ears early Monday morning. While we were in the waiting room, he had a burst of energy. He began yelling and crawled a mile a minute. He even tried to climb the walls. There were a lot of babies and toddlers waiting for surgery and Quinn was definitely the biggest and the most hyper child. When it was his turn, it felt strange to leave him with a nurse. Thankfully, the surgery only lasted 15 minutes. I heard him screaming after he woke from the procedure and I wanted to jump over the front desk to hold him. I was able to see him soon after that. He cried for about 45 more minutes, but was content the rest of the day. Thinking back on the morning, I realize how blessed I am to have a healthy child and how thankful I am to only have to deal with such minor issues.

First Steps:
I was able to capture Quinn taking his first few consecutive steps. I can't believe how time has flown!


First Mullet:
Yes, its true. I gave Riley a mullet. She has always had a slight one, now its just more obvious. Her hair was really uneven in the front. She won't let me put anything in her hair- no ponytails, pigtails, or barrettes. Since her hair was always in her face, I decided I would buy scissors to trim her bangs. I gave her a sucker and began. She kept moving so I just did the best I could. I forgot that when hair is wet, its longer than when it is dry...ooops! She totally rocks the 80's style now. I thought about making the back of her hair a little shorter, but Mark says no. I decided hair grows and she is still an incredibly beautiful little girl. Maybe it will be the new trend, however, any advice on how to style mullets is appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Actually her hair is long compared to when you cut yours. Just give her a few years and she will cut it even shorter then you did, only you will have to cut the back too. Remember how short I had to cut yours when you were about 4 and your were in Uncle Terry's wedding?

    ReplyDelete