Friday, October 1, 2010

Apple Pie for Dinner

We had apple pie and ice cream for dinner last night. It was one of those days. The kids have had colds so they cried all day and their afternoon naps lasted approximately 25 minutes. The morning started with both of them waking early. There were meltdowns in Kroger, a box of cheerios spilled on the floor, and a kitchen drawer thrown by a very strong 1-year-old. My make-up was found all over the crib. A certain little girl drank some of her daddy's Cologne and poured it in our bedroom and over her body. Dinner started out as a disaster. I decided that I was just going to give us all some grace. I promptly served apple pie and ice cream for the main course. Everyone was happy for the 15 minutes we were eating. I am thankful for the tough days because they make the other days seem so much sweeter. This morning is already going well. I worked out already and Riley is playing paddy cake with her toast. It is going to be a good day!

Here they are taking their morning bath:

No comments:

Post a Comment