Thursday, October 14, 2010

Determined

I have been on one of my determination streaks. I go through those every once in a while. Now that I have accomplished running a race, I am determined to get our family eating healthier. I have realized how much I bear the responsibility of our health since I buy and cook the food. Mom, I know you are so proud right now! I have started planning every meal a week ahead of time and I put everything on a weekly chart. I realized that I can make sure we eat healthier when I can think through every meal. I have also set aside one day a week to bake all our breads, snacks, and desserts for the week. I have tried hard to bake with more whole wheat flour and I was even able to put some spinach in one of our desserts. Yesterday was my baking day and it was extremely tiring and difficult with both kids on my leg, but I did it! I am not sure how Mark feels about all this, but I do know he will eat healthier because there is not another option unless he cooks or goes grocery shopping. I think his body will thank me later :)

2 comments:

  1. As I read this I remember back when I tried so hard to cook healthy for you kids too. You were one of my hardest to get to eat veggies, but I knew in the end this was the best thing for you. So yes I am very proud of you and way down the road your kids will thank you too. Now Mark I'm not sure of, but he will have to deal with it just like your dad did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I want to talk to you about some of your ideas and might have to steal some healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete