Thursday, September 16, 2010

Random Thoughts

My brain is full of random thoughts tonight so I thought I should spill them out on my blog, in case anyone is interested.

I am super excited about a book I got from the Library called "Deceptively Delicious". It has lots of healthy recipes that have hidden veggies. Riley does not like too many veggies so I thought I could hide them in her food. Most of the recipes use vegetable purees and I have actually had a lot of fun making different ones. So far I have made and everyone has enjoyed sweet potato chicken nuggets, buttered noodles with squash, and chocolate chip cookies with chick peas. I am so excited the food tastes good and the ingredients are really healthy.

As I was cooking all my wonderful recipes and left Riley alone for all of 3 minutes, I walked in to the living room to find the corner of our couch covered in red marker. I wanted to scream! I kept telling myself, "She's one, she's one!". I almost took a picture, but was too upset. I was able to get most of it out... and I was surprisingly calm.

I am amazed at how my "want list" has changed over the past year. I use to want to new clothes and shoes. Now all I want is a good mop, more healthy cookbooks, and a maid for a day.

I was excited today when the cashier at Meijer was slow and when I got stuck in after school traffic. I was able to be alone for a couple hours. God has a funny way of blessing me sometimes.

I love my kids and can't believe how every day I love them more and more. They bless me every day and teach me patience and grace. Their laughter can cure a tough day in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment