Friday, July 2, 2010

Half Birthday

Tuesday was Riley and Quinn's half birthday. I decided that every year I will do something special for their half birthday since they have to share their special day every year. This year Riley helped me make brownies. It was quite messy, but she had so much fun stirring (and eating) the batter. We sang "Happy Birthday" to both of them after dinner and enjoyed our gourmet dessert. I can't believe Riley is a year and a half and Quinn is 6 months! In celebration of our little miracles, I decided to focus this blog on what I love most about each of them.

Riley is too cute! I love her beautiful blue eyes and dark eyelashes. I love the gap in her front teeth, the way her hair flips in the back, and her chubby legs and cheeks. I love how she screams when she can't contain her excitement and how special her 2 second cuddles are. I love how she prays continuously through dinner and how she sings "Jesus Loves Me". I love the way she stares and strangers in public for extremely long periods of time until they pay attention to her. I love her joy and her laughter.

Quinn is such a sweet boy. I love his big, bright blue eyes. His eyes are going to melt many girl's hearts. I love how he smiles so big when I kiss him on the cheeks...every time! I love when he puts his hands on my face and presses his forehead against mine. I love when other people talk to him and his buries his face in my shoulder. I love the way he crawls and scoots across the floor. I love his frequent laughs and the way he presses his head against his crib rails and drools, just waiting for me to come get him after a nap. I love his personality and how he just lays there after Riley jumps on top of him.

There are so many days when I get so tired and frustrated being a mom of two little ones. Unfortunately, I often compare myself as a mom and my kids to others, causing me to have unnecessary stress and expectations. Thankfully, God made their little personalites perfect. I am so blessed to experience every day with them... the ups and downs. I know that when I am exhausted and in tears from the day, Riley and Quinn will still love me and I will love them more each day.



1 comment:

  1. I love them sooo much too. They are such beautiful children. I also love your blog. I always look forward to a new posting.

    ReplyDelete