Thursday, June 24, 2010

The party in the hall

Wednesday night was interesting. I normally don't go to a "safe spot" during Tornado Warnings. I actually like to look outside during them. We were watching the news and they were stating that there was a lot of rotation in the storn coming directly at us. I almost kept both kids in bed, but I thought I should go with my gut and huddle in the hallway. Since our house is so small, that is really the only "sort of" safe place. So we got both kids out of bed at 9:45. Then Mark had to let out one of his extremely loud and scary sneezes. Quinn was now screaming and wide awake. I had him go make a bottle, then explained to him how to feed a baby while sitting on the floor(love you babe). Riley actually cuddled with me. There we were... our little family huddled in the hallway with blankets, pillows, and books. Every once in a while, Riley looked up and smiled at us. We read stories and watched the storm on the computer. I must say, it was one of the sweetest moments I have had. Once the storm passed, we assumed we could just put them to bed. WRONG! Riley had a sudden surge of energy and became slap happy. She started jumping and Quinn thought it was the funniest thing ever. Without going into too many details, Riley was slap happy another hour and a half. So we went to bed and midnight and Quinn woke up at 5:00, Riley at 6:30. Today was rough. Annoying? yes....Worth it? definitely.

Other then our exciting evening, here are the highlights of the week:

* Quinn is starting to crawl more. He now gets on his hands and knees and flies forward. He can get where he wants now, even to the electrical cords he began chewing on.
* Riley is obsessed with Elmo. She has occasionally watched Sesame Street, but she talks about Elmo all day long. She even sits and looks at her diapers and stares at the tiny Elmo on them.
* I now have a part time job working at Camp Red Cedar for the Summer. Since I have already worked at AWS, I just get to start and I already know what I am doing. It came at a perfect time, so for that I am grateful. I am sad to leave the kids, but I can do it!
* We had a great Father's Day. I was able to spend it with Mark and my Dad. Mark is such a great Daddy! I am so blessed to have him as my husband!
* I had the stomach flu this week and it was not fun. Thankfully, the kids spent the day at Grandma's house. I don't feel like I have figured out how to be a good mom while I am sick.
* Quinn has been sleeping until 6:00 or 6:30 most of the time. Ahhh, finally a few decent nights of sleep in a few months...I mean a couple of years. Sleep is not overrated!
* For all of those who know my husband, here is a fun fact about him. He reads my blogs, and then edits them when he finds a grammatical errors, he can't stand it when I misssspell words. Is that a run on sentence Mark?

1 comment:

  1. I Love listening to your stories. I wish I would have wrote things down when you were small because you forget so much. Some day when you look back at all the memories you will just laugh and wish they were small again. Enjoy these years they will go by so quickly. You are truly blessed with two beautiful babies. I pray your 1st day at work goes well and we look forward to seeing you Sunday. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete