Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Crazy, Blessed Life

Yesterday inspired me to start a blog. I was reading other blogs and realized that my life is interesting. I often look back at my day and think "Wow, what just happened?". Therefore, I am going to write about it so I don't forget all the simple blessings that happen over and over....and I knew my mom and mother-in-law would love to hear updates on their grandkids!

Yesterday reminded me of my blessings. Our family has been sick with colds over the past week, so I have been wiping snotty noses and holding cranky babies constantly. I was sitting on the couch with 2 Kleenex's up my nose, one in each nostril. I was holding Quinn attempting to calm his screaming. Riley was on the floor emptying all of the videos from the entertainment center. She has been told repeatedly not to do this, however continues to do this daily, sometimes hourly. I was too tired to remove her from the area so I simply told her "no". She looked at me, shook her head and smiled. I wanted to be upset at her, but she looked so darn cute, especially since she lost her pants somewhere and was only wearing her shirt. I took a picture. I realized that even though I was completely exhausted, someday I was going to miss this and want this time back. This is the life I dreamed about and thought I may never have. Life with a one-year-old and newborn is crazy, tiring, funny, and wonderful. Our family is so blessed. Enjoy reading about the crazy life of the Richard family!


1 comment:

  1. good for you girl blogging!!! Yes life does go by fast and the kiddos do grow up way to fast :) I am so excited your blogging, it is a great way to remember all those fun and not so fun :) memeories of our days as moms!! I started blogging awhile back but have slacked big time over the fall months but hope to start updating it more often now!! You have an adorable family!!

    ReplyDelete