Friday, February 5, 2010

Growing

I thought I would give some updates on how much Riley and Quinn are growing in many ways. They both recently went to the doctor and here are the stats:

Riley is now 13 months old. She weighs 22 pounds and is 29 1/2 inches long, placing her in the 70% percentile for both height and weight. Quinn is now 1 month old. he weighs 10 pounds 12 oz. and is 22 inches long, placing him in the 70% percentile for height and weight. He was 8 pounds 3 oz. a month ago. Mama has some good milk!

Riley is beginning to talk more. She is now able to say hi, da, ma, dog, ball, yeah, bye, and Aubrey. Yes, it is strange that she says Aubrey, but I am sure her cousin is very proud! We are attempting to teach her to eat slower, however this is a difficult task for her. Now that she has a little brother she is becoming more and more independent. She goes in her room to play and turns her CD player on by herself and begins to dance. I am glad she entertains herself. When she knows she is in trouble she begins to run. It is pretty funny, at least for now! She is a joy to watch as she grows.

Quinn is still eating, pooping, crying, and sleeping. He has started smiling occasionally. Grammy got the first one...or so she says. He loves holding on to our fingers and shirts. He enjoys cuddling and rocking. He wants to be held all of the time. He hates his car seat. He cries every time he is put in it and usually cries the entire trip. Needless to say, we do not get out much. He naps well during the day and likes to eat more frequently at night. Sleep is limited in the Richard house. Overall, he is a very good baby.

We are blessed to have healthy children and look forward to watching them continue to grow!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading blogs! I just added you to my blog roll @ hosmerville;) Your daughter is so cute, she looks just like you!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold the phone. You have 2 kids now? When and how did that happen? I totally missed that one somehow. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What agreat idea! I love reading about my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for starting this blog. I really enjoy reading about my babies and just to let you know Quinn did smile at his grammy the last time I was down more then once.

    ReplyDelete