Friday, April 26, 2013

Been a while...

It has been a while, I know. There is a lot going on in this house. I was realizing yesterday that I fail at taking pictures when I don't blog. My kids are cute at this age so I need to make more of an effort to capture moments.

Here is a quick recap on all the kiddos....
Riley has been staying busy doing ballet ALL THE TIME. She dances all day long. She also changes her outfit 50 times a day (not much of an exaggeration). It drives me crazy, but since we have been stuck in our house a lot lately, I relent. She loves singing, wearing dresses, and taking care of her sister. Her new favorite thing to do is to listen to books on CD. She listens to her books during nap time and it keeps her quiet and sometimes puts her to sleep. Great for her and Mommy!

Quinn is pretty much Mark... cute, naturally athletic, eats like a horse and never gains weight, does not like crowds or new people, does not like to sleep, and has a somewhat scary temper. He is also very particular as you can see from the above picture. His things need to be in a certain order, He always likes to have 3 foods in front of him (because he is 3), has to drink from a blue cup, and be surrounded by his favorite toys and gadgets. His pockets are usually full of batteries, toy cars, keys,rocks and magnets. It is always a good idea to check his pockets before doing laundry. He will not take naps (insert extremely sad face here). We are working on having him play in his room quietly for a while during nap time. We have been working on it for about 4 months. Not going so well but we keep pressing on. He WILL get it someday... I hope.

This is Reese in her Easter dress. She hated it. She rolled around and cried for about 15 minutes. I finally took it off and put something else on. She looked really cute for those traumatic 15 minutes. Reese is taking some steps, but does not like to walk. I explained to her that it would be helpful if she could walk since it was nice outside and she is heavy to carry everywhere. She just smiled and crawled away. She is not as generally determined as the other 2 are. I am cool with that. She loves to eat, but is starting to become more picky. She use to love veggies, but now immediately spits them all out. She hates drinking milk and loves ice cream. She has 8 teeth. She takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and sleeps about 11 hours at night. Reese is pretty easy going and is a joy to have!

Randomly Riley steals my camera and takes pictures. It is always fun to go through my pictures only to find 30 pictures my 4-year-old has taken. This one is my favorite. Thought you might like it too.



1 comment:

  1. What fun descriptions of your kids! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete