Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Birthday!


My sweet girl turned 1 today. Early in my pregnancy, I was so excited to be having another baby, but I must admit I was scared. My other 2 were still young and imagining 3 kids 3 and younger made me doubt my parenting skills. How would I ever go to a store? What if 2 of them had meltdowns and I had a newborn in the car seat? I hadn't slept a full night in forever and it seemed like being fully rested was years away. My chances of working part-time and affording a babysitter for 3 kids was slim to nothing. My 3rd pregnancy was a bit more difficult. My body was tired, yet I knew the little miracle inside of me would be an amazing addition to our family.

We had some rough patches throughout the year. I lost plenty of sleep. My body is stretched and I have had some lasting side effects from the pregnancy. We have had our share of public meltdowns. Meltdowns that caused me to sweat and ask strangers to help me to the car. But you know what? I would do it a million times over in order for Reese to be a part of our family. Having 3 little ones has made me stronger. Reese has brought so much happiness to my life that I can't imagine life without her.

Reese has a pleasant personality. She smiles and laughs often. She sings wordless songs daily. She dances and claps her hands even when the house is full of chaos. She loves to eat and will be disappointed when I take away her last bottle. She is Riley and Quinn's shadow and doesn't know what to do with herself when they are not around.

When I look into that baby's eyes, I can't help but see God's goodness. After having the opportunity to love my baby girl, I can't imagine the love God has for me. God gave Reese to me as a sign of life in a dark, dying world. I don't deserve her, but am thankful for every day I have with her.

I love you precious girl! May you change the world!

1 comment:

  1. I am also blessed that we have Reese in our lives. I love her hugs and kisses. They just melt my heart. Every time I think of her I think of dad and how he too loved to cuddle and just be with me. Her big blue eyes also remind me of dads eyes even though hers are darker. Thank-You Jesus for giving her to us during such a hard time. I pray that there will always be reminders of her papa in her for me to see and that she will grow up to be a Godly women someday. Love you sweet girl

    ReplyDelete