Thursday, April 26, 2012

Potty Training?

Loathe, verb: "Feel intense dislike or disgust for". I loathe potty training. Before potty training Riley, I assumed it would take a couple of weeks at the most as she "seemed" ready. It did not go well. It took months. I swore Quinn was not going to be trained until he was 3. I didn't care about any advice given to me. I didn't even care if he was ready. I thought that until last week. As I was changing Reese, Quinn came into the room. He lifted his hands and said "poop". It is a very uncomfortable feeling to be changing one child's blow out diaper and seeing poop on your other child's hands. Who do you attend to? I chose Quinn. Needless to say, everyday he has come to me with the dreaded smelly stuff on his hands. What is it with boys and their curiosity? This morning I asked Quinn if he wanted to go on the big potty. He said yes. I immediately put a princess pull-up on him. Today I took him to the potty whenever I felt like it. No rewards, no bribes, no schedule. Guess what? No accidents. His princess pull-up was still dry as of 7:00pm. Seriously? I am quite aware things can change, but of it is this easy, my boy may be potty trained soon. Below is a slightly inappropriate picture to post, but I could not resist my adorable, chubby legged boy in boxer briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment