Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm a tired mom

Yes, I am tired. I feel as though my lack of sleep over the last 2 years has caught up with me. I never really slept well during both pregnancies and my children have had some sleeping issues. I wish I handled lack of sleep better, but as anyone in my family can tell you, I tend to be a little cranky when I don't get enough. Quinn has been wide awake and ready for his day before 6:00am for about 2 months. My day has started as early as 4:45am. I can not for the life of me, get that sweet little boy to go back to bed. He usually goes back down for a nap 2 seconds before Riley gets up for the day. I daily tell myself that this is a phase and someday an 8 hour night of sleep will come. And maybe, just maybe, I will get to sleep until 8:00am.

In other news in the Richard house, Quinn ate cereal for the first time tonight without spitting it out! I think adding a little applesauce does the trick. I was planning on waiting longer to give him food, but the amount of formula he drinks each day is out of control. I am not joking about him having a constant growth spurt. I am predicting he will pass Riley in height in about a year. He has been rolling over a lot and acts as though he wants to crawl. I know it will probably still be a couple of months, but he is trying! He also snores like an old man. I love it! I have to turn the baby monitor down because of it. Quinn is Mark. Everything about him. He looks like him, acts like him, and has his blank stare.

Where do I start with Riley? That child is crazy! I think she moves from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. She has recently stopped playing with her toys in order to jump off the couch and roll to the floor, take everything out of every drawer in our house, and get into things she is not supposed to touch. When she is getting into trouble, she says no and runs. That girl is fast. She has learned that it is harder for me to catch her when she runs around the chair. She is such a little mommy to Quinn. She has been telling him "no" when he touches a toy, takes it away from him, then proceeds to explain why he should not have the toy in her little babbling voice. I caught her the other day lifting up Quinn's leg, looking in his diaper, and saying "no poopy". I am impressed with her mothering skills. As of now, they love each other and Quinn smiles when Riley talks to him. I love them so much!

Thanks Aunt Mindy for the saucer. RILEY loves it!

Their typical personalities.

Our sweet little man

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Alicia, I feel for you on the sleep thing! That's rough. But you're right, your day will come. I always look forward to your newest post. I love those little cuties. The picture of Riley on the saucer made me laugh out loud!!! She is too much! And the picture of her and Quinn... so true. Save that one so you can show them how different their personalities were. Only one more day of school and I can't wait to spend more time with you guys!! We need to plan our vacation!

    ReplyDelete