Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Date with my little man

I knew we needed a date last week. It is always so easy to take Riley on special trips. She loves shopping and taco bell. The other day I decided it was time for Quinn to go on a shopping trip with me. I only needed a few things so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take him somewhere alone.

The trip was more difficult then I was expecting. During our short trip, his foot became stuck in the bottom of the cart, I ran him over twice with the cart, he screamed, and licked the beef jerky in the check out lane. Once we made it safely in the car, I knew it was time for a date. Not a shopping date, but a good old fashion bowling date.

He has never been bowling and was excited when he heard there was a ball and special bowling shoes. Once we arrived, I picked out a ball for him. After my competitive son only knocked over a couple pins on his first try, he proceeded to go get his own ball. He told me the one I picked for him didn't work. Of course, his worked better.
Gotta love the hair. I tried to comb it. I promise.

I then bought him a cookie that was bigger then his head. I was really hungry and kept asking for some. He continued to tell me no.
He finally decided to share after my many pleas. He was positive this was all I needed.
Here was his final score.
He was carried out of the building kicking and screaming Quinn style. He wanted to stay. I guess I don't blame him. Who wouldn't want to bowl and eat giant cookies all day?

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! He will remember this special time he spent with just you forever. Great pictures too! Next time you will have to get your own cookie though.

    ReplyDelete