Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Catching Up

I know, I know... I haven't been doing very well with updating blogs lately. The Richard house had seemed a tad bit crazy since their birthday. All I can say is that there has been a lot of chaos. I feel completely exhausted at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I am truly thankful for both my little blessings, but they sure do make their mommy stay on her toes from before sunrise to after sunset. I am so grateful that no matter how tough our day is, we all get rest at night and are usually refreshed in the morning.

Riley is a big two-year-old and has decided to make potty training a bit smoother the second time around. We decided to take a couple of weeks off and have been starting again over the past week. She is having less accidents and has not been throwing herself on the floor when it is time to use the potty. Even though it has been a lot of work, it sure is nice to only have 1 in diapers. She even does great when we leave the house because she loves public restrooms. Strange, but that is Riley for you! She unfortunately had a stomach bug last week. All I can say is potty training+ stomach bug= disgusting! Poor girl.

Quinn is getting bigger by the day! Tonight at dinner I realized that he has liked every single piece of food given to him since starting solids at 5 months old. It is amazing and wonderful. I know I can count on him to enjoy every new recipe I try. He has been in a "fussy funk". I don't know what else to call it. Since he has turned 1, he has been fussy most of the day. I think he is just frustrated that can't do everything he wants. I know it is just a phase, but it is a little tiring for mommy and daddy to say the least. He now has his two top teeth. So cute!

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks:

How cute are they?!

Notice the wedgie and high heels.

Quinn likes to steal Riley's dolls while she is playing. He takes them from the windows and front door of the doll house.

Our good friend Karen made the towels. They love them!

Quinn reading the Bible

Chasing each other around the house.

Riley being adorable.

Waiting for their cake at their party. Just realized I didn't blog about it. Booo!

Just to let everyone know, we will be debuting in our first television commercial tomorrow. For those in Ft. Wayne, look for us in the McMahon Tire commercial. For anyone interested in our talent, I can give you our agents number.

2 comments:

  1. I think of you often when I babysit. I watch a girl almost exactly a year younger than Brooklynn (off by a few days) so I have an almost 2-year-old, a 1-year-old (today, actually) and then pretty soon I will have a newborn.
    I just can't believe you do it all day every day. I only watch her about 3 days a week and I'm exhausted! We love it because they love each other and play very well together, but I'm sure glad I get a break with just 1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures as always. They are adorable!! I know other grandparents will debate this, but we have the cutest grandkids around. Love the picture of Riley with her little cheeks hanging out and Quinn reading his Bible. Look like we might have another pastor in the family. Look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great week. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete