Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blueberry Sucker

Nap time has been rough in our house lately. I remember the good old days (like 3 months ago) when all 3 children were safely snug in their beds in the afternoon and this momma took a nap and drank hot cocoa. Recently nap time has become a battle of the wills for an hour and a half. I have daily been spending that much needed quiet time putting a little boy back in his bed over and over.

I have tried so many discipline methods and have been consistent to the point of exhaustion. Today I needed rest. He needed rest. I said, "Quinn, if you stay in your bed and rest today, I will give you candy." He said, "Mom, I want a blueberry sucker". I said, "ok".

Quinn stayed in bed and slept for an hour and a half. I didn't hear a peep. I did not have to get up one time to put him back to bed. When he woke up he asked immediately where his sucker was. I let him eat it in the living room.

Soon we will go back to the grind of sleeping without a candy incentive, but for today (and maybe tomorrow),an hour an a half of rest was totally worth bribing my child. I'm cool with that.

Right now my 11-month-old is playing with a plastic bag. I guess I am  cool with that too. Totally deserve the "parent of the day" award.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally got a time for yourself. Mom's really need that time so I'll pray this will last for a while. From one mom to another you do deserve the parent of the day award. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete