Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Embarrassing story and pictures

Do you ever have those times where something significant or somewhat insignificant happens and you freeze? It is almost as if your brain stops and you panic. Well that happened to me yesterday. A few months ago we put the lock on the outside of Quinn's door. A strong-willed kid needs his door that way for many reasons. We were all in his room preparing to leave. I hear the door close and Quinn laughing. Yes, he locked the 4 of in there. My mind is always a little scattered when getting ready to go somewhere, but at that point, I could not think rationally. I panicked when I realized I was stuck in a small space with 3 children, no food, and no phone. I yelled. I told the kids we were stuck and could not eat until daddy got home. As I was literally trying to break the handle off the door, I realized there was a large window behind me. I know, obvious to most of you, but to a mom of 3 little ones, not so much. I then removed the screen and climbed out the window. Can you imagine watching me climb out a window as my children stood watching saying, "Mommy, where are you going?". Alas, we ended up visiting friends and eating that day. I can't believe I shared that information.Now to more important things. Below are some of my favorite pictures from the past few weeks.

Reese loves her big sister.
This is Quinn's "girlfriend" Caroline. She is the only one he talks about when he gets home from any occasion in which she is present. Caroline calls him "Bin". Aren't they the sweetest?

What is it about a big blue eyed little boy brushing his teeth in his spider man jammies? Love that boy!
Quinn loves to pretend to play the drums. Hopefully he will be satisfied with plastic cups and spoons.
This girl loves shoes, boots, and clothes. She can run in those boots. Impressive. She looks like a model in this picture minus the cat pj's.
Below are their marshmallow reward jars. They get marshmallows when they are kind or help with chores. The reward for a full jar is ice cream. They call them smarshmallows and think they are going on vacation when their jar is full. I guess ice cream and vacation are the same in their minds.
She loves to dance. She took a class last week and loved it. I peeked in one time and all the girls were quietly practicing their dance moves. Riley was spinning in the air and leaping. Yep, that's Riley!
Maybe he just looks cute always. This chef outfit and baby girl hat make me want to squeeze him!

1 comment:

  1. I Love your blogs. Your story was so funny and I would have loved to see you climb out the window with 3 little ones watching you. Every one of the pictures were sooooo cute! Makes you want to hug all of them. Give them all a hug and kiss for me and I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete