Friday, September 14, 2012

Destruction and fevers

Active, bossy, dramatic 3-year-old + active, aggressive, strong-willed 2-year-old + teething 7-month-old = crazy, loud family. Last night at dinner Mark made the comment that our lives would be so boring without them. So true. I'm thankful for that. We are sort of a boring couple.

I have always thought I was a patient, calm person... until I had 3 little munchkins. I don't even know who I am. I never use to yell. Now I do. I don't like it. I have been praying that God would calm my spirit. Therefore, you may find it funny that yesterday this happened.

8:30am- my kids are quiet. never good. I walk down the hall to find blue bath paint smeared on the bathroom cabinets, walls, hallway carpet, bedroom carpet, clothes and bedroom walls.
9:15am- walk into the kitchen to find an entire bottle of Italian dressing dumped in the fridge and the floor.
9:45am- found a 2-year-old at the top of our hallway closet trying to reach the nail polish. He climbed up 5 shelves. I thought I was smart putting the dangerous stuff on the top.
10:00am- maple syrup poured on kitchen floor.
11:30am- discovered feminine products stuck to the walls.

What is with the destruction? I tried so hard not to stay calm, but by lunch, my blood was boiling. Once Mark got home, I went to Target. All is well.

We have had an odd virus in our house. The other day, Riley had a fever on and off, but no other symptoms. It was gone in 24 hours. Today I noticed Quinn felt feverish. He had a temperature and I sent him to lay on the couch. Here he is.

Don't let that picture fool you. 10 minutes ago he ate lunch and a cupcake for dessert. After lunch, he was running around the house. It wasn't until I told him he had a fever that he calmed down. I thought to myself, "I'm going to milk this whole fever thing". Over the last hour I have said things like, "You are sick, you should rest on the couch. Do you need any books or water?", "Don't get up, I'll get that for you", "You shouldn't get near your sisters", "This medicine will help you sleep". He did not move for an hour and a half. Shocking for that boy. I guess fevers don't have to be all that bad.

I will leave you with some pictures of those crazy cuties...

We have been getting books on CD from the library. She loves being in charge of turning the pages.
Deers in headlights...
Quinn took a picture of himself. I just keep imagining him saying, "Does this picture make my face look fat?"
Irish twins. Same weight, same shoe size, and 1 inch difference in height.
Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks?
"Mom, what is wrong with this family?"
Love that happy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment